Sunday 7 December 2008

Breastcancer?

Well... I found a lump. It all started when my mother told me she had one and was going for some tests. Fortunately she is okey since it was just a cyst with liquid so they just emptied it. When she told me she had a lump I checked my breasts thoroughly (I usually check them) and I noticed something that hasn't been there before. I had a lump!!

I went to Sweden so it took me a couple of weeks to get to the doctor to check it. He confirmed that I do have a lump and I felt like crying afterwards since I knew I didn't imagine it.

I had an appointment at the breast clinic, but since I was due to have my period my breasts was too swollen so they couldn't do anything. They gave me a new appointment in two weeks time.

When I came there the 2nd time they were an hour late, and after the scan with ultrasound they told me they didn't have time for biopsi so I had to come back later! 2 days later I came back for the biopsi. I've heard some stories about it, so I must admit I was nervous and felt really uncomfortable. I got anastetic so I didn't feel a thing, but I really hope I don't have to do it again. Now I just have to wait till 24 december for the results. Christmas Eve!!! I just wish for a good christmas present then...

The thing is that the first doctor had a student with him and he explained a lot to her, which made me hear a lot more than I usually should have... So, on a scale from 1-5 where 5 is cancer and 1 is totally fine, I'm now graded as a 4.

The worst part is done - the biopsi. Now I will just have to wait, and I must say that my brain is great because I don't even remember this. I will not think about it at all. I can't do anything about it, just wait for the results, so why bother?! It doesn't make a difference anyway! The results will be the same with or without worrying...

Fingers crossed!

No comments: